FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-28-2010, 06:42 PM
stan
 
Default "Zenmap as root" menu entry

I recently upgraded to 10.04. Today I needed to use zenamp. In the past, I
have ued the handy "Zenmap as rot" menu entry. It, and it's wireshark
cousin seem to have disapearewd from my menus, as a result of this upgrade.

How do I get them back?


--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 06-28-2010, 08:57 PM
NoOp
 
Default "Zenmap as root" menu entry

On 06/28/2010 11:42 AM, stan wrote:
> I recently upgraded to 10.04. Today I needed to use zenamp. In the past, I
> have ued the handy "Zenmap as rot" menu entry. It, and it's wireshark
> cousin seem to have disapearewd from my menus, as a result of this upgrade.
>
> How do I get them back?

My zenmap (applications|internet) shows:
gksu zenmap %F
and when opened prompts for a password as expected.
Wireshark menu is still available & working.

This is on a machine that was upgraded from 9.10 to 10.04.

Try upgrading your menus:

$ sudo apt-get install menu
$ sudo updatedb
$ sudo update-menus
$ killall gnome-panels




--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 06-29-2010, 11:42 AM
stan
 
Default "Zenmap as root" menu entry

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 01:57:17PM -0700, NoOp wrote:
> On 06/28/2010 11:42 AM, stan wrote:
> > I recently upgraded to 10.04. Today I needed to use zenamp. In the past, I
> > have ued the handy "Zenmap as rot" menu entry. It, and it's wireshark
> > cousin seem to have disapearewd from my menus, as a result of this upgrade.
> >
> > How do I get them back?
>
> My zenmap (applications|internet) shows:
> gksu zenmap %F
> and when opened prompts for a password as expected.
> Wireshark menu is still available & working.
>
> This is on a machine that was upgraded from 9.10 to 10.04.
>
> Try upgrading your menus:
>
> $ sudo apt-get install menu
> $ sudo updatedb
> $ sudo update-menus
> $ killall gnome-panels

I trie this this morning. The apt-get informed me that menu was already the
newest version. The rest ran OK till the last step which returned:

gnome-panels: no process found
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 06-29-2010, 04:01 PM
NoOp
 
Default "Zenmap as root" menu entry

On 06/29/2010 04:42 AM, stan wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 01:57:17PM -0700, NoOp wrote:
...
>> This is on a machine that was upgraded from 9.10 to 10.04.
>>
>> Try upgrading your menus:
>>
>> $ sudo apt-get install menu
>> $ sudo updatedb
>> $ sudo update-menus
>> $ killall gnome-panels
>
> I trie this this morning. The apt-get informed me that menu was already the
> newest version. The rest ran OK till the last step which returned:
>
> gnome-panels: no process found

Sorry, should be:

$ killall gnome-panel



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:23 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org