Old 06-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Jesse Palser

Default SDL Libraries Problem In Package Manager?

SDL Libraries Problem In Package Manager?

Hi,

Can someone with authority please check the SDL libraries
in Ubuntu 10.04 Package Manager?

When I try to install the following, Package Manager freezes for long time.
libsdl1.2-dev
libsdl-image1.2
libsdl-image1.2-dev
libsdl-ttf2.0
libsdl-ttf2.0-dev
libsdl-mixer1.2
libsdl-mixer1.2-dev

Its been like this for months and has not been fixed.

Thanks!

Jesse

Old 06-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Basil Chupin

On 28/06/10 00:34, Jesse Palser wrote:
> SDL Libraries Problem In Package Manager?
>
> Hi,
>
> Can someone with authority please check the SDL libraries
> in Ubuntu 10.04 Package Manager?
>
> When I try to install the following, Package Manager freezes for long time.
> libsdl1.2-dev
> libsdl-image1.2
> libsdl-image1.2-dev
> libsdl-ttf2.0
> libsdl-ttf2.0-dev
> libsdl-mixer1.2
> libsdl-mixer1.2-dev
>
> Its been like this for months and has not been fixed.
>
> Thanks!

Check that your Sources are correct - ie, the source(s) you have
selected are active and up-to-date. For example, I find that one of the
mirrors which is supposed to have the latest and greatest updated files
for Ubuntu is nowhere even close to this claim :-( . I select another
source and what was rejected a few minutes ago as not available is
downloaded and installed from the new site within minutes.

BC

Old 06-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Jesse Palser

On 06/27/2010 10:57 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 28/06/10 00:34, Jesse Palser wrote:
>> SDL Libraries Problem In Package Manager?
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can someone with authority please check the SDL libraries
>> in Ubuntu 10.04 Package Manager?
>>
>> When I try to install the following, Package Manager freezes for long time.
>> libsdl1.2-dev
>> libsdl-image1.2
>> libsdl-image1.2-dev
>> libsdl-ttf2.0
>> libsdl-ttf2.0-dev
>> libsdl-mixer1.2
>> libsdl-mixer1.2-dev
>>
>> Its been like this for months and has not been fixed.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
> Check that your Sources are correct - ie, the source(s) you have
> selected are active and up-to-date. For example, I find that one of the
> mirrors which is supposed to have the latest and greatest updated files
> for Ubuntu is nowhere even close to this claim :-( . I select another
> source and what was rejected a few minutes ago as not available is
> downloaded and installed from the new site within minutes.
>
> BC

Hi,

Sources are fine.
Anyone else having trouble installing SDL libraries