Old 06-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Jesse Palser

Default -Verizon Qualcomm 3G Modem?

[10.04]-Verizon Qualcomm 3G Modem?

Hi,

I've got a new Verizon Wireless Gateway LT2016U netbook
and have successfully installed Ubuntu 10.04 32bit Linux onto it.

Everything is working on the netbook except the Qualcomm 3G modem.
I have no method to access my 3G wireless Internet connection on this
device.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make the Qualcomm 3G modem working?
Thanks...

Jesse

Old 06-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Tony Pursell

On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 14:50 -0400, Jesse Palser wrote:
> [10.04]-Verizon Qualcomm 3G Modem?
>
> Hi,
>
> I've got a new Verizon Wireless Gateway LT2016U netbook
> and have successfully installed Ubuntu 10.04 32bit Linux onto it.
>
> Everything is working on the netbook except the Qualcomm 3G modem.
> I have no method to access my 3G wireless Internet connection on this
> device.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to make the Qualcomm 3G modem working?
> Thanks...
>
> Jesse

Have you right clicked on the network icon (either the up/down arrows
for a wired connection or the fan shaped icon of a wi-fi connection) in
the notification area and chosen Edit Connections so you can Add your
provider on the Mobile Broadband tab?

Tony