Old 06-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Szénási István

Default automount options

Hi!

I'm using the general Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and I want to change the
default mount options of any automatically mounted ntfs partitions.
The first idea was write a HAL policy for that, but I just realized
that the Ubuntu doesn't use HAL anymore. :-)

My question is what program determines the filesystem type and call
the mount program?

Can anybody help me?

--
Szénási István

Old 06-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Bill Liao

I'm using the general Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and I want to change the

default mount options of any automatically mounted ntfs partitions.

The first idea was write a HAL policy for that, but I just realized

that the Ubuntu doesn't use HAL anymore. :-)

My question is what program determines the filesystem type and call

the mount program?

Can anybody help me?

--

Szénási István

So far us i know..The file /etc/fstab contains the filesystem type.
--
If the dream is BIG enough,the facts don't count!

Old 06-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Szénási István

> So far us i know..The file /etc/fstab contains the filesystem type.

Yes, and the options too. :-)
But I want to change the automounted removable disk mount options. The
fstab based on the disk's UID, location, node not the filesystem.

--
Szénási István

Old 06-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Bill Liao

2010/6/26 Szénási István <szeist@gmail.com>

> So far us i know..The file /etc/fstab contains the filesystem type.

Yes, and the options too. :-)

But I want to change the automounted removable disk mount options. The

fstab based on the disk's UID, location, node not the filesystem.

--

Szénási István

Sorry, I know what you mean now..But I cannot do any help.
--
If the dream is BIG enough,the facts don't count!

Old 06-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Florian Diesch

Szénási István <szeist@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using the general Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and I want to change the
> default mount options of any automatically mounted ntfs partitions.
> The first idea was write a HAL policy for that, but I just realized
> that the Ubuntu doesn't use HAL anymore. :-)
>
> My question is what program determines the filesystem type and call
> the mount program?

Mounting is done by udisk, but I don't know how to configure the mount
options.

Florian
--
How to add files opened in Emacs to GNOME’s recently used document list:
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/doc/emacs/add-to-gnomes-recently-used-documents/>