Old 06-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Ben Edwards

Default Cant find grip, I have multivers and universe

Very strange, I can find grip on apt-get or synaptic or Ubuntu software Centre;(.*

I have multiverse and universe repositories.

Any ideas?

Old 06-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Nils Kassube

Ben Edwards wrote:
> Very strange, I can find grip on apt-get or synaptic or Ubuntu
> software Centre;(.

Grip isn't available any longer. You could try the Jaunty version though
(that was the last version).

Nils

Old 06-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Steve Grace

On 06/25/2010 06:36 AM, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Ben Edwards wrote:
>> Very strange, I can find grip on apt-get or synaptic or Ubuntu
>> software Centre;(.
>
> Grip isn't available any longer. You could try the Jaunty version though
> (that was the last version).

Grip is still available from a PPA. I don't have the URL handy but you
should be able to Google it.

If you can't find it, reply to this thread and I'll check tonight.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Ben Edwards

Why has it been removed, what should I use instead?

I did google for Ubuntu cd ripping and got lots of people saying use grip

Ben

Old 06-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Chris Jones

Hi,
On 25 Jun 2010, at 7:03pm, Ben Edwards wrote:Why has it been removed,
lack of development. See
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CDRipping#Grip
what should I use instead?

I did google for Ubuntu cd ripping and got lots of people saying use grip

funny, took me about 10 secs to find.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CDRipping
Chris

Old 06-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Steve Grace

On 06/25/2010 08:08 AM, Steve Grace wrote:
> On 06/25/2010 06:36 AM, Nils Kassube wrote:
>> Ben Edwards wrote:
>>> Very strange, I can find grip on apt-get or synaptic or Ubuntu
>>> software Centre;(.
>>
>> Grip isn't available any longer. You could try the Jaunty version though
>> (that was the last version).
>
> Grip is still available from a PPA. I don't have the URL handy but you
> should be able to Google it.
>
> If you can't find it, reply to this thread and I'll check tonight.

Grip is available from a couple of PPAs:

https://launchpad.net/~futurepilot/+archive/ppa
https://launchpad.net/~y-launchpad-fgiff-com/+archive/ppa

You can also download the deb file here:

https://launchpad.net/~futurepilot/+archive/ppa/+packages

I still use Grip and it works fine for me on Lucid.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:48 AM
NoOp

On 06/25/2010 06:21 AM, Ben Edwards wrote:
> Very strange, I can find grip on apt-get or synaptic or Ubuntu software
> Centre;(.
>
> I have multiverse and universe repositories.
>
> Any ideas?

It's dead Jim...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/grip/files/