-   -   nm off panel (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/390208-nm-off-panel.html)

Tim Hanson 06-24-2010 08:24 AM

nm off panel

My network manager disappeared this time when I booted my laptop.

ps -A shows nm-applet is running, and thanks to auto connection I do have
wireless. A check of startup applications shows its box is checked. What
happened, and how do I fix it?

踏雪 06-24-2010 09:06 AM

nm off panel

you can do this:

ctrl + alt +F1login in with your own account

use this command sudo service gdm stopuse this command sudo service gdm startnow you can login in and have a nomal gnome.

after this, i reccomand you to use this command in the terminal to remove the gnome-setting
rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/gnome-settings

Tim Hanson 06-24-2010 09:53 AM

nm off panel

That didn't do the trick.

Frans Ketelaars 06-24-2010 04:04 PM

nm off panel

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 01:24:51 -0700, Tim Hanson wrote:

> My network manager disappeared this time when I booted my laptop.
>
> ps -A shows nm-applet is running, and thanks to auto connection I do
> have wireless. A check of startup applications shows its box is
> checked. What happened, and how do I fix it?

Maybe your "notification area" somehow disappeared :
http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-nm-applet-disappeared-p28445469.html .

Good luck!

-Frans

Tim Hanson 06-24-2010 05:40 PM

nm off panel

On Thursday, June 24, 2010 09:04:36 am Frans Ketelaars wrote:

If by that you mean the right side showing date-time, user, etc,, it's still
there. On this boot were two icons for sound volume, none for nm.

Tim Hanson 06-24-2010 06:01 PM

nm off panel

Is there a way to destroy this panel and start a new one?