-   -   Kubuntu list is moderated, but Ubuntu is not? ; jor Ubuntu (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/390191-kubuntu-list-moderated-but-ubuntu-not-jor-ubuntu.html)

"giovanni_re" 06-24-2010 07:36 AM

Kubuntu list is moderated, but Ubuntu is not? ; jor Ubuntu

Is the moderation procedure different for these lists? If so, why?

I get moderation hold messages every time I post to KUbuntu, but, IIRC,
not so for Ubuntu posts.

Is the Ubuntu list actually moderated, but no notice of that is sent to
posters?

If the Ubuntu list is not moderated, then why is KUbuntu moderated?
There should be quicker response to questions if there wasn't a
moderation time lag.

Further, perhaps an improved KUbuntu moderation could be implemented:
whitelist each poster when the initial legitimate post comes through.

Thanks :)

"Amedee Van Gasse (ub)" 06-24-2010 07:46 AM

On Thu, June 24, 2010 09:36, giovanni_re wrote:
> Is the moderation procedure different for these lists? If so, why?
>
> I get moderation hold messages every time I post to KUbuntu, but, IIRC,
> not so for Ubuntu posts.
>
> Is the Ubuntu list actually moderated, but no notice of that is sent to
> posters?
>
> If the Ubuntu list is not moderated, then why is KUbuntu moderated?
> There should be quicker response to questions if there wasn't a
> moderation time lag.
>
> Further, perhaps an improved KUbuntu moderation could be implemented:
> whitelist each poster when the initial legitimate post comes through.
>
> Thanks :)

Neither list is moderated.
Perhaps you are posting with the wrong email address?
Perhaps you just aren't subscribed to kubuntu-users?
What is the *exact* moderation message that you get? Please copy it verbatim.

Steve Lamb 06-25-2010 06:30 AM

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) wrote:
> Neither list is moderated.

Uhhhh, no. KUbuntu has active moderators. Well, at least one with whom
I have butted heads on more than one occasion. Said moderator has placed
individuals and topics on approval-before-distribution status. Something I
wish were done here with Karl and Res.

As to why the OP is getting any kind of message is unknown, just
clarifying the status of moderation over on K-U.

--
Steve C. Lamb | But who can decide what they dream
PGP Key: 1FC01004 | and dream I do