Old 06-24-2010, 02:59 AM
Bill Liao

Default Popup for link

In lucid, whenever i select a line of link or some text looks like a link, there is pop up menu for me to choose applications to open this link.Is it possible to turn this off or edit this menu? For i use neither firefox nor opera...

--
If the dream is BIG enough,the facts don't count!

Old 06-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Tony Pursell

On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 10:59 +0800, Bill Liao wrote:
> In lucid, whenever i select a line of link or some text looks like a
> link, there is pop up menu for me to choose applications to open this
> link.
> Is it possible to turn this off or edit this menu? For i use neither
> firefox nor opera...
>
> --
> If the dream is BIG enough,the facts don't count!

Hi Bill

You don't say where these links are. Any well behaved application
should obey whatever you have in System > Preferences > Preferred
Applications.

Tony

Old 06-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Bill Liao

Whenever i selected some text like a link,it pops up..
for example,in console or some text editors.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:53 PM
NoOp

On 06/25/2010 10:39 AM, Bill Liao wrote:
> Whenever i selected some text like a link,it pops up..
> for example,in console or some text editors.

Perhaps 'System|Preferences|Preferred Applications'

Old 06-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Tony Pursell

On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 01:39 +0800, Bill Liao wrote:
> Whenever i selected some text like a link,it pops up..
> for example,in console or some text editors.
>
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Tony Pursell
> <ajp@princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 10:59 +0800, Bill Liao wrote:
> > In lucid, whenever i select a line of link or some text
> looks like a
> > link, there is pop up menu for me to choose applications to
> open this
> > link.
> > Is it possible to turn this off or edit this menu? For i use
> neither
> > firefox nor opera...
> >
> > --
> > If the dream is BIG enough,the facts don't count!
> >

> Hi Bill
>
> You don't say where these links are. Any well behaved
> application
> should obey whatever you have in System > Preferences >
> Preferred
> Applications.
>
> Tony

> If the dream is BIG enough,the facts don't count!

Hi Bill

Please do not 'top post' answers. It makes it difficult to see what
answers go with which questions.

I still do not understand what you are getting at. Please give me an
example of the type of link you are talking about. What text editors
have this problem - give me a program name. What sort of console - do
you mean a terminal? I have never seen the behaviour you are talking
about so you need to be very specific in your description.

It may also help if you tell us which version of Ubuntu you are using.

Tony

Old 06-26-2010, 03:56 AM
Bill Liao

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 6:06 AM, Tony Pursell <ajp@princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 01:39 +0800, Bill Liao wrote:

> Whenever i selected some text like a link,it pops up..

> for example,in console or some text editors.

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Tony Pursell

> <ajp@princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> * * * * On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 10:59 +0800, Bill Liao wrote:

> * * * * > In lucid, whenever i select a line of link or some text

> * * * * looks like a

> * * * * > link, there is pop up menu for me to choose applications to

> * * * * open this

> * * * * > link.

> * * * * > Is it possible to turn this off or edit this menu? For i use

> * * * * neither

> * * * * > firefox nor opera...

> * * * * >

> * * * * > --

> * * * * > If the dream is BIG enough,the facts don't count!

> * * * * >

> * * * * Hi Bill

> * * * * You don't say where these links are. *Any well behaved

> * * * * application

> * * * * should obey whatever you have in System > Preferences >

> * * * * Preferred

> * * * * Applications.

> * * * * Tony

> * * * * --

> * * * * ubuntu-users mailing list

> * * * * ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

> * * * * Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

> If the dream is BIG enough,the facts don't count!

Hi Bill

Please do not 'top post' answers. It makes it difficult to see what

answers go with which questions.

I still do not understand what you are getting at. *Please give me an

example of the type of link you are talking about. *What text editors

have this problem - give me a program name. What sort of console - do

you mean a terminal? *I have never seen the behaviour you are talking

about so you need to be very specific in your description.

It may also help if you tell us which version of Ubuntu you are using.

Tony

Sorry for that ...I post a screenprint of it..I use chinese,sorry about that.But i'm sure this makes no difference in different locale.
As i mentioned above,this version is LUCID.

The text under the menu is "http://a.com"

Thank you all for the help..

--
If the dream is BIG enough,the facts don't count!

Old 06-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Xandros Pilosa

Dne 26.06.2010 (sob) ob 11:56 +0800 je Bill Liao zapisal(a):

> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 6:06 AM, Tony Pursell
> <ajp@princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 01:39 +0800, Bill Liao wrote:
> > Whenever i selected some text like a link,it pops up..
> > for example,in console or some text editors.
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Tony Pursell
> > <ajp@princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> Sorry for that ...I post a screenprint of it..I use chinese,sorry
> about that.But i'm sure this makes no difference in different locale.
> As i mentioned above,this version is LUCID.
>
> The text under the menu is "http://a.com"

Hello,
are you using Cairo-Dock by any chance? If this is the case, the Clipper
plug-in may be responsible for this behaviour. To disable it
right-click on Clipper icon in Cairo-Dock --> "Configure this applet"
--> "Configuration" tab --> clear check mark under "Actions" - "Enable
Actions?".

Regards

Old 06-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Bill Liao

Dne 26.06.2010 (sob) ob 11:56 +0800 je Bill Liao zapisal(a):

> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 6:06 AM, Tony Pursell

> <ajp@princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> * * * * On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 01:39 +0800, Bill Liao wrote:

> * * * * > Whenever i selected some text like a link,it pops up..

> * * * * > for example,in console or some text editors.

> * * * * >

> * * * * > On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Tony Pursell

> * * * * > <ajp@princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> * * * * >

[snip]

> Sorry for that ...I post a screenprint of it..I use chinese,sorry

> about that.But i'm sure this makes no difference in different locale.

> As i mentioned above,this version is LUCID.

> The text under the menu is "http://a.com"

Hello,

are you using Cairo-Dock by any chance? If this is the case, the Clipper

plug-in may be responsible for this behaviour. To disable it

right-click on Clipper icon in Cairo-Dock --> "Configure this applet"

--> "Configuration" tab --> clear check mark under "Actions" - "Enable

Actions?".

Regards

So,that's the problem...
Thanks very much.
I only thought about the os..
--
If the dream is BIG enough,the facts don't count!