Old 06-22-2010, 09:22 PM
K V

Default ftpd and sshd?

your Xeon may be x64, especially if it is post 2005, however, 32bit is fine.

If you want the system to store files and act as a host for the students, then yes, you need both proftpd (or your choice) and ssh (which installs both openssh(client) and openssh-server(sshd))

ssh is usually installed by default, in my experience.

Peace.