Old 06-22-2010, 08:29 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

Default Another question - - how to change the color from back to say a light color...???

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 08:21:06 -0500
Larry <larryesu@charter.net> wrote:

> *Ok here is what I've got, I do not like it at all, my upper & lower
> panel bars are in Black, not good, and the text in areas say in
> thunderbird or even when I use Google, the box's are dark, and I can
> not see the text there in those boxes...
>
> I know it was ok at one time, but I have now messed with it too many
> times, yet I can not come up with what I would like to have using
> System>Preferences> Appearance Gnome Panel 2.30.0...
>
> Also I am using Ultimate Edition 2.7 Lucid 10.4 LTS
>
> Thanks again for any help on this one...
>
> Larry
> *
Since you don't seem to be getting many answers I might as well chime
in. Just as you wouldn't like to have /your/ medical problem diagnosed
from an examination of your father, you shouldn't bet that Ultimate
will have the same foibles as Ubuntu, although similarly related.

Ultimate is /NOT/ Ubuntu; it is a /derivative/ of Ubuntu, similar but
definitely different. Try your question on an Ultimate forum or mailing
list and you'll likely get more responses.

This is not to say that the same fix won't work with either/ both, it
may, but that Ubuntu users will understandably be a little unsure if the
fix /will/ work similarly as they aren't using Ultimate.

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs