Old 06-22-2010, 08:13 PM
NoOp

Default Moving minimise/maxmimise/close from left to right

On 06/22/2010 12:43 PM, Alex Cockell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Are there plans to offer the "move the buttons back to the right" option
> as a package? So the more nervous users (like me) can just select
> something fromt he Software Centre to get things back to what they were
> for years?

Not likely:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/light-themes/+bug/532633/comments/564>

> Why were the buttons moved in the first place? Surely that would just
> cause confusion to the target user base?

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/333

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/light-themes/+bug/532633?comments=all>
There are so many comments (772) that launchpad times out trying to get
all. But you can enjoy reading the first 80 :-)

Old 06-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Tom H

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Alex Cockell
<alex@acockell.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> Are there plans to offer the "move the buttons back to the right" option
> as a package? *So the more nervous users (like me) can just select
> something fromt he Software Centre to get things back to what they were
> for years?
>
> Why were the buttons moved in the first place? *Surely that would just
> cause confusion to the target user base?

There is Ubuntu Tweak but it is not (yet) in the repos.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:38 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 20:43:44 +0100
Alex Cockell <alex@acockell.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Are there plans to offer the "move the buttons back to the right"
> option as a package? So the more nervous users (like me) can just
> select something fromt he Software Centre to get things back to what
> they were for years?
>
> Why were the buttons moved in the first place? Surely that would just
> cause confusion to the target user base?

Install Ubuntu-Tweak. It has that and a whole lot more in a nice GUI.
You may have to add this repository for the latest and greatest:
http://ppa.launchpad.net/tualatrix/ppa/ubuntu

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs