Old 06-22-2010, 06:22 PM
norm1800

Default Grub-rescue

I was moving /sizing some partitions and found myself unable to boot. I
am taken to a grub-rescue prompt. I was able to find a partial solution
enabling me to boot as follows:

set prefix=(hd0,5)/boot/grub
insmod (hd0,5)/boot/grub/normal.mod
normal

Entering this at the prompt brings me to the boot menu, however, I have
to do this every time that I reboot. Any ideas that would fix this issue
for me?

Thanks in advance,
Norm1800

Old 06-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Goh Lip

On 06/23/2010 02:22 AM, norm1800 wrote:
> I was moving /sizing some partitions and found myself unable to boot. I
> am taken to a grub-rescue prompt. I was able to find a partial solution
> enabling me to boot as follows:
>
> set prefix=(hd0,5)/boot/grub
> insmod (hd0,5)/boot/grub/normal.mod
> normal
>
> Entering this at the prompt brings me to the boot menu, however, I have
> to do this every time that I reboot. Any ideas that would fix this issue
> for me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Norm1800

Try this first when booted up
sudo grub-install /dev/sda

Regards - Goh Lip

Old 06-22-2010, 06:56 PM
norm1800

Thank you Goh Lip, That worked perfectly!

With much appreciation,
Norm1800

Old 06-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Goh Lip

On 06/23/2010 02:56 AM, norm1800 wrote:
> Thank you Goh Lip, That worked perfectly!
>
> With much appreciation,
> Norm1800

Most welcome. Take care - Goh Lip