Old 06-22-2010, 05:18 PM
NoOp

Default Is there a way to change the location of the minimize/maximizeWindows in Lucid?

On 06/22/2010 10:02 AM, Tony Pursell wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 04:53 +1200, Tortise wrote:
>> Kewl. What about setting these to both sides?? (Top left AND top right)
>>

> The colon ( determines which side the controls go, so I tried
> "minimize,maximize,close:minimize,maximize,clo se" and
> "minimize,maximize,close::minimize,maximize,cl ose"
> but neither worked.
>
> Tony

From gconf-editor: "Duplicate buttons are not allowed"

Arrangement of buttons on the titlebar. The value should be a string,
such as "menu:minimize,maximize,spacer,close"; the colon separates the
left corner of the window from the right corner, and the button names
are comma-separated. Duplicate buttons are not allowed. Unknown button
names are silently ignored so that buttons can be added in future
metacity versions without breaking older versions. A special spacer tag
can be used to insert some space between two adjacent buttons.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Tom H

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Tony Pursell
<ajp@princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 04:53 +1200, Tortise wrote:

WAG: it must mean that metacity isn't flexible enough to handle more
than one of the same...

Old 06-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Tom H

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 1:18 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 06/22/2010 10:02 AM, Tony Pursell wrote:
>> On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 04:53 +1200, Tortise wrote:
>>> Kewl. *What about setting these to both sides?? * (Top left AND top right)
>>
>> The colon ( determines which side the controls go, so I tried
>> "minimize,maximize,close:minimize,maximize,clo se" and
>> "minimize,maximize,close::minimize,maximize,cl ose"
>> but neither worked.
>
> From gconf-editor: "Duplicate buttons are not allowed"

Another good catch...