Old 06-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Bill Liao

Default Text screen

try login and use startx command.

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:25 PM, <yakimavalleyrcracer@yahoo.com> wrote:

Ok I can't get the regular desktop to show. I boot up ubuntu and it shows a text screen like I'm in ms dos.

If the dream is BIG enough,the facts don't count!

Old 06-22-2010, 04:22 PM

I was following this link https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenSound. It asked me to put my ubuntu dvd back and I was downloading the apps it had. So I fell asleep since it was gonna take along time. Woke up and my pc was shut off didn't get to complete it and now it just shows the text screen.