Old 06-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Terry Talim

Default How do I notify Ubuntu...

Hi. I'm newb in Ubuntu. How do I notify Ubuntu that their click path to download the server edition is stupidly long and complex? Thanks in advance!

Terry TalimEmail: melanyor@gmail.com
Sites: http://geologyonlinecourses.com/ and http://onlinenursinggraduate.com/

Old 06-22-2010, 03:27 PM
NoOp

On 06/22/2010 07:47 AM, Terry Talim wrote:
> Hi. I'm newb in Ubuntu. How do I notify Ubuntu that their click path to
> download the server edition is stupidly long and complex? Thanks in advance!

Three clicks is stupidly long and complex?

1. http://www.ubuntu.com/
- click server
2. http://www.ubuntu.com/server
- click Download
3. http://www.ubuntu.com/server/get-ubuntu/download
- "Click the big orange button to download the latest version of
Ubuntu. You will need to create a CD or USB stick to install Ubuntu."

Anyway:
http://www.ubuntu.com/contact-us
and/or
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-website

OT: One thing I did find interesting - 64bit is the default/recommended
download:

# 64-bit – Recommended for most users
o 32-bit - Available if required

and Desktop still has:
# 32-bit - Recommended for most users
o 64-bit - Not recommended for daily desktop usage
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-website/+bug/585940
[Text reads "not recommended" for 64-bit]

Old 06-28-2010, 06:41 AM
Mihamina Rakotomandimby

> NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> :
>> Hi. I'm newb in Ubuntu. How do I notify Ubuntu that their click path
>> to download the server edition is stupidly long and complex? Thanks
>> in advance!
>
>Three clicks is stupidly long and complex?

It depends on how stupid is the clicker :-)

Old 06-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Amedee Van Gasse

On 22-06-10 17:27, NoOp wrote:

> OT: One thing I did find interesting - 64bit is the default/recommended
> download:
>
> # 64-bit – Recommended for most users
> o 32-bit - Available if required
>
> and Desktop still has:
> # 32-bit - Recommended for most users
> o 64-bit - Not recommended for daily desktop usage
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-website/+bug/585940
> [Text reads "not recommended" for 64-bit]

I find it logical that 64bit is recommended for servers.