FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-20-2010, 03:16 PM
 
Default emacs templates + header

Hello!

I use Ubuntu since 8.x and use Emacs always with the same ".emacs" and just the packages from the corresponding repository.

With Lucid, I got a problem. Usually when I create a new file "new.c, new.h" then a header with author, date etc. and include "new.h", resp., #ifndef etc. is created. But now, nothing is happed. New files are empty. Thats bad also in case of Makefiles.

So I add (auto-insert-mode t) in my .emacs file and now I will be ask to input something or not, but no header will be set.

How can I come back to the previous level?

Thanks for any help.




--
<html><head>
<title>DEREFER</title>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="0; URL=http://www.gmx.net/?status=hinweis">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" link="#666666" vlink="#666666">
<table width="100%" height="100%" border="0"><tr><td align="center"><a href="http://www.gmx.net/?status=hinweis"><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" color="#666666">Einen Moment bitte, die angeforderte Seite wird geladen...</font></a></td></tr></table>
</body></html>



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 06-20-2010, 11:44 PM
Mike Kupfer
 
Default emacs templates + header

spam.me@gmx.info wrote:

> I use Ubuntu since 8.x and use Emacs always with the same ".emacs" and
> just the packages from the corresponding repository.
>
> With Lucid, I got a problem. Usually when I create a new file "new.c,
> new.h" then a header with author, date etc. and include "new.h",
> resp., #ifndef etc. is created. But now, nothing is happed. New files
> are empty. Thats bad also in case of Makefiles.

I can't answer your specific question, but it sounds like you are
running into some incompatibile change that was introduced in Emacs 23.
Check the News file (you should be able to view it from the Help
menu)--it might give some clues.

mike

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 06-21-2010, 10:43 AM
 
Default emacs templates + header

> > I use Ubuntu since 8.x and use Emacs always with the same ".emacs" and
> > just the packages from the corresponding repository.
> >
> > With Lucid, I got a problem. Usually when I create a new file "new.c,
> > new.h" then a header with author, date etc. and include "new.h",
> > resp., #ifndef etc. is created. But now, nothing is happed. New files
> > are empty. Thats bad also in case of Makefiles.
>
> I can't answer your specific question, but it sounds like you are
> running into some incompatibile change that was introduced in Emacs 23.
> Check the News file (you should be able to view it from the Help
> menu)--it might give some clues.
>
> mike

Dear Mike,

Unfortunately, the news file didn't helped me.

I was found that one can use header.el to specify header entries, but didn't
found something easy to specify the templates. However, the current as in the
past Ubuntu distributions that file isn't included ... So I assumed there is a
unknown option B to realized the features.

Cheers,

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 06-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Karl Larsen
 
Default emacs templates + header

On 06/20/2010 09:16 AM, spam.me@gmx.info wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I use Ubuntu since 8.x and use Emacs always with the same ".emacs" and just the packages from the corresponding repository.
>
> With Lucid, I got a problem. Usually when I create a new file "new.c, new.h" then a header with author, date etc. and include "new.h", resp., #ifndef etc. is created. But now, nothing is happed. New files are empty. Thats bad also in case of Makefiles.
>
> So I add (auto-insert-mode t) in my .emacs file and now I will be ask to input something or not, but no header will be set.
>
> How can I come back to the previous level?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
>
>
>
>
Hi. Did you update your 8.x to Lucid or did you load lucid from
a cd?

It sounds like you might be using your old .emacs on Lucid. You
need to load emacs from the repository and it will make a new .emacs for
the new software :-)

It sounds like you need to change your setup a bit based on the new
emacs ;-)

73 Karl


--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.
Key ID = 3951B48D



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 06-21-2010, 11:21 AM
 
Default emacs templates + header

On Monday 21 June 2010 13:13:23 Karl Larsen wrote:
> On 06/20/2010 09:16 AM, spam.me@gmx.info wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I use Ubuntu since 8.x and use Emacs always with the same ".emacs" and
> > just the packages from the corresponding repository.
> >
> > With Lucid, I got a problem. Usually when I create a new file "new.c,
> > new.h" then a header with author, date etc. and include "new.h", resp.,
> > #ifndef etc. is created. But now, nothing is happed. New files are
> > empty. Thats bad also in case of Makefiles.
> >
> > So I add (auto-insert-mode t) in my .emacs file and now I will be ask to
> > input something or not, but no header will be set.
> >
> > How can I come back to the previous level?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
>
Hi Karl,


> Hi. Did you update your 8.x to Lucid or did you load lucid from
> a cd?

New workstation --> new installation.

> It sounds like you might be using your old .emacs on Lucid. You
> need to load emacs from the repository and it will make a new .emacs for
> the new software :-)

the .emacs is just the configuration file in my home directory ?! But I tried
your hint, and deleted .emacs and .emacs.d to to get a basic .emacs. The
problem is still the same

> It sounds like you need to change your setup a bit based on the new
> emacs ;-)

yeah, I'm getting old, now I knows how it feels

> 73 Karl

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 06-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Karl Larsen
 
Default emacs templates + header

On 06/21/2010 05:21 AM, spam.me@gmx.info wrote:
> On Monday 21 June 2010 13:13:23 Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> On 06/20/2010 09:16 AM, spam.me@gmx.info wrote:
>>
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I use Ubuntu since 8.x and use Emacs always with the same ".emacs" and
>>> just the packages from the corresponding repository.
>>>
>>> With Lucid, I got a problem. Usually when I create a new file "new.c,
>>> new.h" then a header with author, date etc. and include "new.h", resp.,
>>> #ifndef etc. is created. But now, nothing is happed. New files are
>>> empty. Thats bad also in case of Makefiles.
>>>
>>> So I add (auto-insert-mode t) in my .emacs file and now I will be ask to
>>> input something or not, but no header will be set.
>>>
>>> How can I come back to the previous level?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help.
>>>
>>
> Hi Karl,
>
>
>
>> Hi. Did you update your 8.x to Lucid or did you load lucid from
>> a cd?
>>
> New workstation --> new installation.
>
>
>> It sounds like you might be using your old .emacs on Lucid. You
>> need to load emacs from the repository and it will make a new .emacs for
>> the new software :-)
>>
> the .emacs is just the configuration file in my home directory ?! But I tried
> your hint, and deleted .emacs and .emacs.d to to get a basic .emacs. The
> problem is still the same
>
>
>> It sounds like you need to change your setup a bit based on the new
>> emacs ;-)
>>
> yeah, I'm getting old, now I knows how it feels
>
>
>> 73 Karl
>>
>
No your looking at a job setting up your new emacs. There must be a
place where they explain a setup like your old one :-)

By the way, your setup on 8.x sounds really nice. I think it must
be one that many users like :-P


73 Karl


--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.
Key ID = 3951B48D



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:55 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org