Old 11-19-2007, 12:09 AM
squareyes

Default Fiesty/Thunderbird Headers

Hi all,
Can set Thunderbird(Fiesty) to show all headers, but then can't scroll
down to read message.
Am trying to set Thunderbird to allow me to strip out all header info
before I forward mail.
How may I achieve this?
Any help very much appreciated.
Take Care
Winton

Old 11-19-2007, 01:12 AM
NoOp

On 11/18/2007 05:09 PM, squareyes wrote:
> Hi all,
> Can set Thunderbird(Fiesty) to show all headers, but then can't scroll
> down to read message.
> Am trying to set Thunderbird to allow me to strip out all header info
> before I forward mail.
> How may I achieve this?
> Any help very much appreciated.
> Take Care
> Winton

In SeaMonkey you can simply add the following:

#expandedHeaderView {
max-height: 25em !important;
overflow: auto !important;
}

to your userChrome.css file, and that will provide you with a scrollbar
so that you can scroll the headers.

In Thunderbird you'll need to create the file:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/edit

<quote>
userChrome.css

This file sets the display rules for various elements in the Thunderbird
user interface and is located in the sub-folder called chrome in your
profile folder. This folder does not exist by default, so you need to
create it before you can start adding your preferences.
</quote>

So, under your default thunderbird profile create a 'chrome' directory,
then create a userChrome.css file (use the text editor) and paste the
following (all between the '===='s into it & save it in the new chrome
directory:
====
/*
* Edit this file and copy it as userChrome.css into your
* profile-directory/chrome/
*/

/*
* This file can be used to customize the look of Mozilla's user interface
* You should consider using !important on rules which you want to
* override default settings.
*/

/*
* Do not remove the @namespace line -- it's required for correct
functioning
*/

/* Change background to a Silver Gradient color.
* (For screen widths up to 1024 pixels.) */
@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskin/gradient-silver-1024.css");

/* Change background to a Silver Gradient color.
* (For screen widths up to 1280 pixels.) */
@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskin/gradient-silver-1280.css");

/* Change background to a Silver Gradient color.
* (For screen widths up to 1600 pixels.) */
@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskin/gradient-silver-1600.css");

@namespace
url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /*
set default namespace to XUL */

/*
* Some possible accessibility enhancements:
*/
/*
* Make all the default font sizes 20 pt:
*
* * {
* font-size: 20pt !important
* }
*/
/*
* Make menu items in particular 15 pt instead of the default size:
*
* menupopup > * {
* font-size: 15pt !important
* }
*/
/*
* Give the Location (URL) Bar a fixed-width font
*
* #urlbar {
* font-family: monospace !important;
* }
*/

/*
* Eliminate the throbber and its annoying movement:
*
* #throbber-box {
* display: none !important;
* }
*/

/*
* For more examples see http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html
*/

#expandedHeaderView {
max-height: 25em !important;
overflow: auto !important;
}
====

That will give you scrollbars for your headers. Note: if you wish you
can just create the userChrome.css to have only

#expandedHeaderView {
max-height: 25em !important;
overflow: auto !important;
}

in it. That will work just fine - the other examples are there in case
you want to modify/experiment with other things as well.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:07 PM
squareyes

NoOp wrote:
> On 11/18/2007 05:09 PM, squareyes wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> Can set Thunderbird(Fiesty) to show all headers, but then can't scroll
>> down to read message.
>> Am trying to set Thunderbird to allow me to strip out all header info
>> before I forward mail.
>> How may I achieve this?
>> Any help very much appreciated.
>> Take Care
>> Winton
>>

> That will give you scrollbars for your headers. Note: if you wish you
> can just create the userChrome.css to have only
>
> #expandedHeaderView {
> max-height: 25em !important;
> overflow: auto !important;
> }
>
> in it. That will work just fine - the other examples are there in case
> you want to modify/experiment with other things as well.

Hi, many thanks,
I did the above, and now have scroll bars, but with all headers showing,
cannot read message.
My purpose is to be able to strip out headers etc. before I forward
messages, but headers not showing in forwarded message for me to remove.
Many thanks again.
Take Care
Winton

Old 11-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Wulfy

squareyes wrote:
> My purpose is to be able to strip out headers etc. before I forward
> messages, but headers not showing in forwarded message for me to remove.
> Many thanks again.
> Take Care
> Winton

I think the only way to do what you want is to copy the contents of the
e-mail to a fresh email and send that. Otherwise, the program will keep
the headers for threading (and other) purposes.

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:

Old 11-19-2007, 04:08 PM
NoOp

On 11/19/2007 08:07 AM, squareyes wrote:
> NoOp wrote:

>> That will give you scrollbars for your headers. Note: if you wish you
>> can just create the userChrome.css to have only
>>
>> #expandedHeaderView {
>> max-height: 25em !important;
>> overflow: auto !important;
>> }
>>
>> in it. That will work just fine - the other examples are there in case
>> you want to modify/experiment with other things as well.
>>

> Hi, many thanks,
> I did the above, and now have scroll bars, but with all headers showing,
> cannot read message.
> My purpose is to be able to strip out headers etc. before I forward
> messages, but headers not showing in forwarded message for me to remove.
> Many thanks again.
> Take Care
> Winton

Change the max-height:
max-height: 25em !important;

Old 11-20-2007, 04:09 AM
squareyes

Wulfy wrote:
> squareyes wrote:
>
>> My purpose is to be able to strip out headers etc. before I forward
>> messages, but headers not showing in forwarded message for me to remove.
>> Many thanks again.
>> Take Care
>> Winton
>>

> I think the only way to do what you want is to copy the contents of the
> e-mail to a fresh email and send that. Otherwise, the program will keep
> the headers for threading (and other) purposes.

Hi,
Many thanks to all , a good friend suggested Edit > Preferences >
Composition > General >
Change Forward Messages to Inline.
Works for me, headers all showing and can be stripped.
Thanks again all,
Take Care