Old 11-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Peter Garrett

Default How do I get back...

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:05:25 -0800
Michael <michaelg@seadreamer.net> wrote:

> When Ubuntu is first installed to a system with a wifi card it has a
> panel applet that shows what networks are available. I lost that and
> can't find a way to get it back. Can someone tell me what it is called
> or where I can find it. I found a few that do the same thing but I like
> the original.

Open a terminal ( Applications - Accessories - Terminal)
Type

nm-applet &

You should see the applet appear. If not, try

sudo /etc/init.d/dbus restart

Once you have it working, save your session:

(System - Preferences - Sessions - Session Options)

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" based on Ubuntu 7.04 Live CD: http://inx.maincontent.net