Old 11-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Marius Gedminas

Default /etc/network/interfaces changed in 7.10?

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 01:49:14PM -0500, Jimmy Wu wrote:
> All right, I've created the script suggested by Marius Gedminas, made it
> executable, put it in /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/, rebooted, and nothing
> happened (no iptables rules) :-(

Well, I did say that I never tested it... It's very likely that
NetworkManager completely ignores these /etc/network/ scripts.

> Any suggestions?

Load the iptables rules on boot rather than when a network interface
comes up? IIRC /etc/init.d/iptables even has built-in support for this:
you set up your firewall, then run 'sudo /etc/init.d/iptables save active'
and it will automatically restore that setup on boot.

Marius Gedminas
--
If C gives you enough rope to hang yourself, C++ gives you enough rope to bind
and gag your neighborhood, rig the sails on a small ship, and still have enough

Old 11-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Derek Broughton

Jimmy Wu wrote:

> All right, I've created the script suggested by Marius Gedminas, made it
> executable, put it in /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/, rebooted, and nothing
> happened (no iptables rules) :-(

What script? Sorry, but you didn't reply to Marius' post and I don't see it
on my system (it's more than two weeks ago, iirc). How did you create the
iptables rules? They don't just create themselves.
--
derek