Old 05-11-2010, 04:13 PM
arshad

Default problems in running .aspx pages in ubuntu

I have a website project created in Microsoft Visual Studio a in Windows
machine.
and when I open that project in my home Ubuntu machine, only the .html
pages are opening correctly.
and the .aspx pages started to open after i edited the .mime.types file
in my ~/ directory.

But all the fields in the .aspx pages are not visible. I mean I can't
see the input fields (like text boxes, drop down menus, radio buttons
etc..) in the
.aspx page. Only the labels are visible.

I tried both in firefox and opera.
No success in both.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:43 PM
archayl

On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 21:43 +0530, arshad wrote:
> I have a website project created in Microsoft Visual Studio a in Windows
> machine.
> and when I open that project in my home Ubuntu machine, only the .html
> pages are opening correctly.
> and the .aspx pages started to open after i edited the .mime.types file
> in my ~/ directory.
>
> But all the fields in the .aspx pages are not visible. I mean I can't
> see the input fields (like text boxes, drop down menus, radio buttons
> etc..) in the
> .aspx page. Only the labels are visible.
>
> I tried both in firefox and opera.
> No success in both.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What do you actually mean by 'opening'? Opening in a web browser, like
kind of web scripting would be in HTML.

What makes me skeptical is when you say you edited something in your ~/
which should be your local directory. Seems like you try to run the
script without the appropriate processor - ASP.NET.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Steven