Old 05-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Ubuntu User

Default QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme

Hello,

I'm trying to run mixxx on a remote machine using ssh X11 forwarding. However, I only get the message:

Warning: [Main]: QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.

The mixxx process seems to continue, but it doesn't do anything. The user interface does not appear. The logfile mixxx.log is empty.

Unfortunately, I cannot test mixxx locally, as it's running on a headless machine.
X11 forwarding works, if I start xeyes, I see the eyes on my desktop.

Is there anything I'm missing when running Qt applications remotely?

My remote machine is a Ubuntu 10.04 server installation. I didn't install X explicitly, but I installed mixxx and its dependencies (libqt4, ...).

Thank you very much for your help.

Please tell me if I need to provide more information.

Best regards

Fabian