Old 05-15-2010, 06:05 PM

Default synaptic config problem

Everytime I open synaptic package manager in a new install of lucid I get a window that summarizes what synaptic can do and how to do it. *There is a checkbox to not show the window again. *However checking the checkbox has no effect; the window appears everytime I open synaptic. *This was never an issue in prior versions.
Does anyone know how to permanently prevent this from coming up?
Paul--

Old 05-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Nils Kassube

pkaplan1@comcast.net wrote:
> Everytime I open synaptic package manager in a new install of lucid I
> get a window that summarizes what synaptic can do and how to do it.
> There is a checkbox to not show the window again. However checking
> the checkbox has no effect; the window appears everytime I open
> synaptic. This was never an issue in prior versions.

The text for the checkbox reads "Show this dialog at startup", i.e.
exactly what nobody would expect at this place, so you should uncheck
it. And yes, I also didn't read the text carefully the first time I saw
it.

Nils