Old 05-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Thomas Blasejewicz

Default PC does not recognize live CD - I give up!

Basil Chupin さんは書きました:
> On 13/05/10 23:56, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
>
> I take it that what you are saying here is that the disc boots OK on all
> other computers EXCEPT your own. Am I correct in this?

Good evening from Japan
I am really sorry to have wasted your time on this.
Today I went (rather drove) to a computer shop and spoke with the people
there about the problem.
Response: incomprehensible! Maybe the motherboard or some other piece of
hardware somewhere
does not feel like working with Linux ....
(some disks boot, others not; is Linux 'just' moody?)

So ... what would be the conclusions?
Linux works ONLY with some very selected pieces of highly advanced hardware?
It requires that you have a team of highly educated technicicans available?

For a non-computer freak = an average consumer = me,
there is *DEFINITELY* (my experience after +3 years of trying) nothing
user-friendly, easy, or for that matter better in Linux than in the
despised "Windoze";
regarding the present problem I asked questions here and elsewhere, very
knowledgable personsin private, the professionals in a computer shop =
nowhere anybody can come up with solutions to something that should not
be a problem in the first place ...

By now I have given up hope and consider this case closed.
(maybe some people even remember that I caused some commotion with a
similar problem several months ago, when I could not "mount" a floppy
under 9.10 - which later, after a very unpleasant discussion, turned out
to be a bug in 9.10; that too was a problem that should not even exist
in the first place ...)

Thank you for all your advice.
Signing off.