Old 05-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Josef Wolf

Default Can't add applets to panel in 10.04 :-(

Hello,

When I log into my freshly installed 10.04, I get two panels but am missing
lots of applets which were existing in 9.10. In fact, only the menus on the
left side exist. all the applets which were on the right side of the panels
like the volume/wlan/battery/logout/clock applets are gone. I tired to add
them manually via right-click and then choosing "add to panel" menu, but
no matter which applet I choose to add, nothing happens. The "add" button
only shows the visual effect that it was pressed, but none of the applets
is actually added to the panel.

With such a panel, I am even not able to log off properly, since there is
non logoff/shutdown knob in the panel.

Any ideas other than going back to 9.10?