Old 05-15-2010, 05:01 AM
Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen

Default youtube in firefox, ubuntu 10.04

Hola!

recently I can no longer watch youtube videos in firefox, it is shown an error message saying:
"An error ocurred, please try again later". The strange thing is that I can look at youtube videos

while channelled at another web site, but not the youtube site! What can cause so bizarre behaviour?

Kjetil

--
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

St. Augustine, De Genesi ad Litteram, Book II, xviii, 37

Old 05-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Christoph Bier

Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen schrieb am 15.05.2010 07:01:

> Hola!
>
> recently I can no longer watch youtube videos in firefox, it is shown an
> error message saying:
> "An error ocurred, please try again later". The strange thing is that I can
> look at youtube videos
> while channelled at another web site, but not the youtube site! What can
> cause so bizarre behaviour?

I had the same problem here but it already occured with 9.10 for
some weeks. Searching the web I found a thread blaming a cookie
(VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE) from YouTube. Deleting this cookie should solve
the problem but didn't for me. Others say one should upgrade Adobe's
Flashplayer---and that did the trick for me. I installed
adobe-flashplugin, now it works again.

HTH

Best
Christoph
--
+++ Typografie-Regeln (1.7): http://zvisionwelt.de/?page_id=56

Old 05-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Christoph Bier

Christoph Bier schrieb am 15.05.2010 10:33:

> Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen schrieb am 15.05.2010 07:01:
>
>> Hola!
>>
>> recently I can no longer watch youtube videos in firefox, it is shown an
>> error message saying:
>> "An error ocurred, please try again later". The strange thing is that I can
>> look at youtube videos
>> while channelled at another web site, but not the youtube site! What can
>> cause so bizarre behaviour?
>
> I had the same problem here but it already occured with 9.10 for
> some weeks. Searching the web I found a thread blaming a cookie
> (VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE) from YouTube. Deleting this cookie should solve
> the problem but didn't for me. Others say one should upgrade Adobe's
> Flashplayer---and that did the trick for me. I installed
> adobe-flashplugin, now it works again.

No, it doesn't work. The problem occured again ...
--
+++ Typografie-Regeln (1.7): http://zvisionwelt.de/?page_id=56

Old 05-16-2010, 04:33 AM
Mihamina Rakotomandimby

> Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen <kjetil1001@gmail.com> :
>recently I can no longer watch youtube videos in firefox, it is shown
>an error message saying:

On Epiphany (I know, you dont use it) I can read youtube videos in
HTML5, after activating the html5tube plugin/extension of it.

+261 3456 000 19

Old 05-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Karl Larsen

On 05/15/2010 10:33 PM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
>> Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen<kjetil1001@gmail.com> :
>> recently I can no longer watch youtube videos in firefox, it is shown
>> an error message saying:
>>
> On Epiphany (I know, you dont use it) I can read youtube videos in
> HTML5, after activating the html5tube plugin/extension of it.

I use Firefox and I too am finding youtube videos I cannot
watch. Often they say "do you want to load the necessary drivers?" I do
that and still cannot see the video. They never tell you what your
getting, just that you need it.

Is there a way to clear out all those files I have loaded? I fear
there may be too many saved files.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI