Old 05-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Markdv

Default Cant get some Compiz button/mouse bindings to work.

Hi all,

Because my middle mouse button isn't nice to press, I hardly even use
the window-menu but do resize window using mouse fairly often I would
like to switch the Alt-Button2 and Alt-Button3 actions.

So Alt-Button2 should open the window-menu, and Alt-Button3 initiates
window resize.

I've tried setting it as such using CCSM, and when that didn't work also
with Gconf-editor directly, but is just won't work... Alt-button3 keeps
opening the window-menu and Alt-Button2 still resizes.

Strange thing is that CCMS and Gconf-editor don't even display the same
values for these settings any more.

/apps/compiz/plugins/resize/allscreens/options/initiate_button is set to
"<Alt>Button3", while at the same time in CCSM the "Initiate Window
Resize" setting under "Resize Window" settings is set to "<Alt>Button2".

I've been unable to find other keys that might store the settings set in
CCSM. Which is strange because AFAIK all compiz settings are stored in
gconf, right?

Hmm, just also found /apps/metacity/general/resize_with_right_button in
gconf, tried setting that too but has no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Markdv

Markdv wrote:
> Hi all,

Hate to reply to myself but forgot to mention this is in Karmic.

Also it appears to be a known bug: 461677
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compizconfig-settings-manager/+bug/461677

So, never mind...

Old 05-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Markus Schönhaber

14.05.2010 13:38, Markdv:

> Hate to reply to myself but forgot to mention this is in Karmic.
>
> Also it appears to be a known bug: 461677
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compizconfig-settings-manager/+bug/461677
>
> So, never mind...

Since it isn't you who reported the bug but you are affected by it too,
you should set the bug's status to "confirmed".

--
Regards
mks