FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Robert Spanjaard
 
Default Extremely slow SFTP, but fast SSH?

When logging in to my desktop with SFTP, the connection is limited to
around 1 (yes, one) kilobyte per second. It can take over a minute to
respond to "ls" in my home folder.
It seems to be a routing problem. When I'm at the desktop, logging in to
127.0.0.1 or the local IP-address (192.0.x.x) results in a fast
connection. But when I log in to my external IP address (84.106.195.207
at the moment), the connection is as slow as mentioned above.
The strange thing is, that when I log in using ssh or ssh -X, the
connection does work at full speed. So that implies that there's nothing
wrong with the routing after all. Unless there's a difference between the
two that I'm not aware of.

Can anyone help me out?



--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 05-14-2010, 12:18 AM
NoOp
 
Default Extremely slow SFTP, but fast SSH?

On 05/13/2010 12:50 PM, Robert Spanjaard wrote:
> When logging in to my desktop with SFTP, the connection is limited to
> around 1 (yes, one) kilobyte per second. It can take over a minute to
> respond to "ls" in my home folder.
> It seems to be a routing problem. When I'm at the desktop, logging in to
> 127.0.0.1 or the local IP-address (192.0.x.x) results in a fast
> connection. But when I log in to my external IP address (84.106.195.207
> at the moment), the connection is as slow as mentioned above.
> The strange thing is, that when I log in using ssh or ssh -X, the
> connection does work at full speed. So that implies that there's nothing
> wrong with the routing after all. Unless there's a difference between the
> two that I'm not aware of.
>
> Can anyone help me out?
>
>
>

Seems to be common:
https://launchpad.net/+search?field.text=SFTP+%2Bslow
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/glib2.0/+bug/250517



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 05-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Robert Spanjaard
 
Default Extremely slow SFTP, but fast SSH?

On Thu, 13 May 2010 17:18:41 -0700, NoOp wrote:

> On 05/13/2010 12:50 PM, Robert Spanjaard wrote:
>> When logging in to my desktop with SFTP, the connection is limited to
>> around 1 (yes, one) kilobyte per second. It can take over a minute to
>> respond to "ls" in my home folder.
>> It seems to be a routing problem. When I'm at the desktop, logging in
>> to 127.0.0.1 or the local IP-address (192.0.x.x) results in a fast
>> connection. But when I log in to my external IP address (84.106.195.207
>> at the moment), the connection is as slow as mentioned above. The
>> strange thing is, that when I log in using ssh or ssh -X, the
>> connection does work at full speed. So that implies that there's
>> nothing wrong with the routing after all. Unless there's a difference
>> between the two that I'm not aware of.
>>
>> Can anyone help me out?
>
> Seems to be common:
> https://launchpad.net/+search?field.text=SFTP+%2Bslow

Bugs with the words "SFTP" and "slow" in the title are common.
But they're not the same issue.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/glib2.0/+bug/250517

Again, this is not the same issue.



--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:36 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org