Old 05-13-2010, 07:22 PM
"Mike A. Leonetti"

Default LDAP setup "passwd: User not known to the underlying authentication module"

I set up my system just like in this guide here:
http://beginlinux.com/server_training/server-managment-topics/1017-ldap-client-on-ubuntu-804

But when I try to do a passwd Iget the following:
> $ sudo passwd user@test.com
> passwd: User not known to the underlying authentication module
> passwd: password unchanged

id works. The user can definitely log in.
> $ sudo id user@test.com
> uid=1002(user@test.com) gid=1002(test) groups=1002(test)

What could be going wrong?

--