Old 05-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Christopher Biessener

Default flashplugin-nonfree broken

I just finished skimming through the archives... I have not seen
similar 10.04 upgrade issues.
I was running 8.04 happily and wanted the new firefox and OpenOffice
with ubuntu's blessing instead of manually installing them, so I chose
to upgrade to the new LTS. Everything went fine with one exception:

my 10.0.1.218+really9.0.262.0ubuntu1 package is broken

Synaptic will not fix it, it's output from "Complete Removal" follows:

dpkg: error processing flashplugin-nonfree (--purge):
Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
reinstall it before attempting a removal.
flashplugin-nonfree

The "Reinstall" option is greyed out. I cannot reinstall it. I cannot
remove it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Christopher

Old 05-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Janne Jokitalo

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 10:49:46AM -0500, Christopher Biessener wrote:
> Synaptic will not fix it, it's output from "Complete Removal" follows:
>
> dpkg: error processing flashplugin-nonfree (--purge):
> Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
> reinstall it before attempting a removal.
> flashplugin-nonfree
>
> The "Reinstall" option is greyed out. I cannot reinstall it. I cannot
> remove it. Any suggestions?

What happens if you do:

$ sudo apt-get install --reinstall flashplugin-nonfree

--
Jaska