Old 05-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Dave Howorth

Default 3ware 3DM2 browser

I've just installed the 3ware browser-based management program on a
karmic system. I've started the 3dm2 process by hand and it's running
but I can't connect to its display. I'm trying http://localhost:888/
which I think is the default location (I accepted the installer's
defaults). If I use wget I see:

# wget http://localhost:888/
--2010-05-13 11:45:21-- http://localhost:888/
Resolving localhost... 127.0.0.1, ::1
Connecting to localhost|127.0.0.1|:888... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... Read error (Connection reset by
peer) in headers.
Retrying.

I haven't been able to find any log yet. Does anybody have any idea of
what my problem might be?

Thanks, Dave

Old 05-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Dave Howorth

I wrote:
> I've just installed the 3ware browser-based management program on a
> karmic system. I've started the 3dm2 process by hand and it's running
> but I can't connect to its display. I'm trying http://localhost:888/
> which I think is the default location (I accepted the installer's
> defaults).

This turned out to be very simple finger trouble. So this is just a note
of the solution in case anybody is trawling the archive (such as me in 6
months?)

The address to use is https://localhost:888/ (note the extra 's')

Cheers, Dave