Old 05-13-2010, 01:09 AM
Jay Ridgley

Default Network Connection problems after Upgrade to 10.04 LTS from 08.04 LTS --gave up--

Folks,

I could not get my connections to work in 10.04 so I bailed out and
reinstalled 08.04, ran all the updates, updated the Broadcom firmware and
brought things up successfully.

I will revisit this situation later. I do want to get it to work. However, I
plan on doing a lot of research between now and then.

Thanks for the help...

Cheers,
Jay
--

Jay Ridgley
jridgley2@austin.rr.com

Old 05-13-2010, 02:18 AM
Karl Larsen

On 05/12/2010 07:09 PM, Jay Ridgley wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I could not get my connections to work in 10.04 so I bailed out and
> reinstalled 08.04, ran all the updates, updated the Broadcom firmware and
> brought things up successfully.
>
> I will revisit this situation later. I do want to get it to work. However, I
> plan on doing a lot of research between now and then.
>
> Thanks for the help...
>
> Cheers,
> Jay

Hi Jay, today I got my system working in 10.04 and the problem was
my BIOS. You might check your BIOS for a problem. By the way my computer
worked fine on 8.04 but not 10.04 with the bad BIOS setting.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 05-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Nils Kassube

Jay Ridgley wrote:
> I could not get my connections to work in 10.04 so I bailed out and
> reinstalled 08.04, ran all the updates, updated the Broadcom firmware
> and brought things up successfully.

Can you tell us which Broadcom chipset it is? The output of the "lspci"
command should give the answer. Maybe someone else with that chipset had
a similar problem and found a solution.

OTOH, could it be that you had wicd installed with 8.04? Then the
upgrade installed networkmanager and also upgraded wicd. With both
installed, we have a conflict of networkmanager and wicd both trying to
manage the connection. If that is the case, uninstall either wicd or
networkmanager.

Nils