Old 05-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Karl Larsen

Default BIOS caused problems

When I found my laptop did work fine with 10.04 while my main
computer still refused to work, lead me to suspect the mother board had
a fault. So I did the easiest thing which was check the BIOS for some
error.

All I did was turn on some functions that were off. Reboot and
the main computer is working perfect with 10.04. Alas I really did not
remember what I did with the BIOS, and that is bad. So went back into
BIOS and selected the "automatic optimum setup". Booted back up and
10.04 is still working fine. So I can reset it if needed in 6 months.

I think some of the other problems reported might also be a
BIOS problem so I suggest to everyone having a problem, please check
your BIOS settings and use the "automatic optimum setup".

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User