Old 05-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Alan Holt

Default install of nvidia 185 no internet access

>How do I install this without internet access?

Like this:*

1) You need to have*build-essential*packege in your system
2) You need to download driver from www.nvidia.com and copy to your usb stick
3) Do next steps in the system where do you want to install driver:

Open blacklist.conf and put there the next lines:
# sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

blacklist vga16fb
blacklist nouveau
blacklist rivafb
blacklist nvidiafb
blacklist rivatv

Remove all drivers that you probably have in your system: *

# sudo apt-get --purge remove nvidia-*

Remove module nouveau: *
# sudo rmmod nouveau

Reboot:
# sudo reboot

Log in and get root:
# su root

Do GDM stop:
# service gdm stop

Install drivers

# sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-195.36.24-pkg2.run

Do GDM start:
# service gdm start

That's all and it must work for you.
Good luck.