Old 05-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Karl Larsen

Default 10.04 failures and an apology

On 05/12/2010 07:54 AM, Ian Coetzee wrote:
> On 2010/05/12 02:27 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:

>>> Give it up Karl. Start a blog. Do something, but *please* stop polluting
>>> this list with your insistent ramblings about your issues with your
>>> system. If you have a _valid_ problem post with the details like
>>> everyone else.
>>>
>>> I'd recommend that you file a bug report but most of your past "reports"
>>> tend to pollute launchpad as well.
>>>
>>> Look at what you've written in just the past few days... one moment you
>>> praise 10.04, the next you blame 10.04. The same as you have done for
>>> just about every other Ubuntu version since joining this list. I hate to
>>> say it& I'm pretty tolerant about most things, but if you keep this up
>>> I'd vote to send you back to the moderators bin.
>>>

> Noop, your flogging a dead horse here.
>

>> What is hard for you to understand? I put my backup hard drive
>> with a USB port into my 10.04 system and look for it at /media. There is
>> zero, nothing there. Should I file a bug on this? Perhaps but I boot
>> into 8.04 and it works fine so nothing wrong with my hardware.
>>
>> Does this meet your requirement?
>>

> Karl, I can still use my USB ports and my 10.04 is fully updated!. Have
> you tried creating a new user and testing it there?
>
> Regards
> Ian
>

>> 73 Karl

As I wrote today my laptop is using 10.04 and EVERYTHING works.
I checked this computer and still many things do not work. I now know it
IS a failure in this computer and I plan to rebuild it soon. My problems
sound like a problem in the mother board. Something is not working that
causes the USB ports to not work.

I thought that since everything works when booted into version
8.04, it should work the same in 10.04. This appears to be a bad
comparison and I will never use it again. I have been thinking about
re-building this computer and this experience gives it more of a chance
to change soon.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 05-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Willis Taylor

On 05/12/2010 12:40 PM, ubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
> Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 11:39:17 -0600 From: Karl Larsen
> <klarsen1@gmail.com> Subject: Re: 10.04 failures and an apology To:
> "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
> <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com> Message-ID:
> <4BEAE7C5.9010702@gmail.com> Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed On 05/12/2010 07:54 AM, Ian Coetzee
> wrote:
>>
> As I wrote today my laptop is using 10.04 and EVERYTHING works.
> I checked this computer and still many things do not work. I now know it
> IS a failure in this computer and I plan to rebuild it soon. My problems
> sound like a problem in the mother board. Something is not working that
> causes the USB ports to not work.
>
> I thought that since everything works when booted into version
> 8.04, it should work the same in 10.04. This appears to be a bad
> comparison and I will never use it again. I have been thinking about
> re-building this computer and this experience gives it more of a chance
> to change soon.
>

> 73 Karl

Karl,
As an elder I have spoken to you in the past about your responsibility
but here I am again. Anyone over the age of fifty should have gotten a
hold on themselves by the time the fifty mark passes but you are the
busiest elder I know at making fools out of us all. Most of the time I
just blow you off as a fool but then every once in a while you dig down
to such a depth that it merits an old man's comments. I have been
computing since the seventies and I have encountered a lot of people
that fly off the handle in that time. In combat the enemy usually made
short work of them and sometimes they died of friendly fire. In the
computer world, most folks do not carry a weapon, so they will not kill
you but you sure make folks not want your presence.

--
Bond Servant,
Bill Taylor