Old 05-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Vale Kenny

Default xrandr, amdcccle and loads of fun.

So, I figured out how to set the primary monitor in xrandr with the GNU drivers.
For future reference, if you wish to set the primary monitor as your CRT and and secondary monitor as your HDTV the command is:

xrandr --output VGA-0 --primary

Now the problem is when I reinstall the Catalyst system, I have massive hassles with refresh rates (47 Hz :-D ), resolutions (nothing over 1024X768) which are all legacy of when I was experimenting and learning.

So, I am trying to figure out one of the following-- either how to set all configurations back to default for amdcccle OR actually remove the drivers along with ALL config files OR tell me were ATI installs files other than in /etc/ati

I've already tried:
apt-get remove --purge amdcccle
the menu system for removing proprietary drivers
locate ati | grep *conf
locate ati | grep *cf

all to no avail.* Can someone please advise me how to do this thing?

Just FYI, althought I'm sure I'll figure it out, ATI/AMD does not use the VGA-0 notation for display definitions.. I didn't get a chance to explore it yet, but doing an xrandr *after* installing the proprietary drivers returns completely different values.

Peace