Old 05-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Angus Henderson

Default How to compile OpenMusic from SourceForge

i have been reading the ubuntu unleashed 2008, and anyway i dont know
how to install a software different from synaptic and sudo apt-get:

it
is imposible to find the way to know how to compile the external
aplications to ubuntu.

lets get a discution about this please!

the file im tryng to
compile is a file called Open Music from Ircam:
it is found in sourceforge.net.org

since
the people whe write this ubuntu tutorials didnt know how to explain
the peoplle how to use the software and take advantage of linux i think
the great task is yours, becouse im one of millions who hate mac of
windows but are not an absurd geek.

when you download the tar.gz file from sourceForge you need to read the file README-linux, it contains all the instructions you need, but they are rather terse. I Think I'll give it a try and see how I manage.....