Old 05-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Angus Henderson

Default Seperating the mic from the speakers

Hello,

I have been making recordings of myself playing guitar along with music videos on You Tube.

The problem I'm having is that the microphone I use to capture the sound from the guitar amplifier can be heard on the computer speakers. This is causing the computer speakers to become overdriven due to the volume of the guitar.

As a result, the guitar sounds fine on my recordings, but the music from the video is overdriven, and sounds lousy since it's getting captured by the mic, which records the overdriven state to the recordings.

Is there some way to uncouple the microphone from the computer speakers? I have looked through every sound control tool I can find on my machine, and so far nothing has done the trick.

Thanks for any help you can be, Ray Parrish

try `sudo apt-get headphones `