FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-12-2010, 10:40 AM
jose quevedo
 
Default ??

i have been reading the ubuntu unleashed 2008, and anyway i dont know
how to install a software different from synaptic and sudo apt-get:

it is imposible to find the way to know how to compile the external aplications to ubuntu.


lets get a discution about this please!

the file im tryng to compile is a file called Open Music from Ircam:
it is found in sourceforge.net.org


since
the people whe write this ubuntu tutorials didnt know how to explain
the peoplle how to use the software and take advantage of linux i think
the great task is yours, becouse im one of millions who hate mac of
windows but are not an absurd geek.
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 05-12-2010, 12:11 PM
"Amedee Van Gasse (ub)"
 
Default ??

On Wed, May 12, 2010 12:40, jose quevedo wrote:
> i have been reading the ubuntu unleashed 2008, and anyway i dont know how
> to
> install a software different from synaptic and sudo apt-get:
>
> it is imposible to find the way to know how to compile the external
> aplications to ubuntu.
>
> lets get a discution about this please!
>
> the file im tryng to compile is a file called Open Music from Ircam:
> it is found in sourceforge.net.org
>
> since the people whe write this ubuntu tutorials didnt know how to explain
> the peoplle how to use the software and take advantage of linux i think
> the
> great task is yours, becouse im one of millions who hate mac of windows
> but
> are not an absurd geek.

http://www.linuxmao.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=OpenMusic#Installation


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 05-12-2010, 12:41 PM
jose quevedo
 
Default ??

Thanks:

but:

the problem itself is that i cannot compile in ubuntu anything, i dont know how....

i know Open Music compiles in Common Lisp, thats different...

i read two books about ubuntu and the section of compiling is very bad to properly understand .


Bye!

2010/5/12 Amedee Van Gasse (ub) <amedee-ubuntu@amedee.be>









On Wed, May 12, 2010 12:40, jose quevedo wrote:

> i have been reading the ubuntu unleashed 2008, and anyway i dont know how

> to

> install a software different from synaptic and sudo apt-get:

>

> it is imposible to find the way to know how to compile the external

> aplications to ubuntu.

>

> lets get a discution about this please!

>

> the file im tryng to compile is a file called Open Music from Ircam:

> it is found in sourceforge.net.org

>

> since the people whe write this ubuntu tutorials didnt know how to explain

> the peoplle how to use the software and take advantage of linux i think

> the

> great task is yours, becouse im one of millions who hate mac of windows

> but

> are not an absurd geek.



http://www.linuxmao.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=OpenMusic#Installation





--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 05-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Colin Law
 
Default ??

On 12 May 2010 13:41, jose quevedo <ubunt4545@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks:
>
> but:
>
> the problem itself is that i cannot compile in ubuntu anything, i dont know
> how....
>
> i know Open Music compiles in Common Lisp, thats different...
>
> i read two books about ubuntu and the section of compiling is very bad to
> properly understand .

If you go to the website for the application you are interested in
then you should find there instructions for building from source. If
not then you could direct the question to the community for that
application.
For example, for the GnuCash application see
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building (although their site appears to
be down at the moment).

By the way please do not top post in this list, insert your reply at
appropriate points in the email you are replying to.

Colin

> 2010/5/12 Amedee Van Gasse (ub) <amedee-ubuntu@amedee.be>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Wed, May 12, 2010 12:40, jose quevedo wrote:
>> > i have been reading the ubuntu unleashed 2008, and anyway i dont know
>> > how
>> > to
>> > install a software different from synaptic and sudo apt-get:
>> >
>> > it is imposible to find the way to know how to compile the external
>> > aplications to ubuntu.
>> >
>> > lets get a discution about this please!
>> >
>> > the file im tryng to compile is a file called Open Music from Ircam:
>> > it is found in sourceforge.net.org
>> >
>> > since the people whe write this ubuntu tutorials didnt know how to
>> > explain
>> > the peoplle how to use the software and take advantage of linux i think
>> > the
>> > great task is yours, becouse im one of millions who hate mac of windows
>> > but
>> > are not an absurd geek.
>>
>>
>> http://www.linuxmao.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=OpenMusic#Installation
>>
>>
>> --
>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>
>
> --
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>
>

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:32 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org