Old 05-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Tom Sparks

Default setting up a secure rsync Server / Client ?

How do I set up a secure rsync Server and Client?

tom_a_sparks

Old 05-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Hakan Koseoglu

On 12 May 2010 10:30, Tom Sparks <tom_a_sparks@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> How do I set up a secure rsync Server and Client?
Use ssh? rsync server:/directory directory will attempt an ssh connection.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:32 AM
James Bensley

Use IP filtering and allow only the specific IPs of your servers,
don't allow root login over ssh, allow authentication only by ssh keys
etc...

It all depends on your set up, the question you asked is way to broad;

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=secure+rsync

James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/