Old 05-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Hans de Goede

Default Reducing the number of installation screens (F-14)

Hi,

On 05/11/2010 05:06 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:

Hans de Goede (hdegoede@redhat.com) said:

So the default is to disallow logins with an empty password. Note we could also
make really sure and write a disabled password (iow a "*" in /etc/shadow). But
that becomes sort of nasty when someone does a textmode install and forgets
to set the root password in firstboot (textmode firstboot does not mandate on
to go through all the steps).

text-mode firstboot doesn't even *have* a user creation/modification step.

Good point, so this would be something to only do for interactive gui installs,
still I think it is a good idea for that case.

Regards,

Hans