Old 05-12-2010, 05:44 AM
Dave Henley

Default Logitech MX 5000

I recently upgraded to 10.04 and ever since my bluetooth logitech mouse and keyboard work for about 10 seconds or not at all before freezing/not responding anymore.
I already tested if the receiver was still functioning properly by connecting it to a windows xp system and it did. Batteries are full and the usb port for the receiver is working properly.

I can see an entry in dmesg stating a BT mini receiver was detected.
What changed in 10.04 that causes this problem?

Greets,
Dave

Old 05-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Basil Chupin

On 12/05/10 15:44, Dave Henley wrote:
> I recently upgraded to 10.04 and ever since my bluetooth logitech
> mouse and keyboard work for about 10 seconds or not at all before
> freezing/not responding anymore.
> I already tested if the receiver was still functioning properly by
> connecting it to a windows xp system and it did. Batteries are full
> and the usb port for the receiver is working properly.
>
> I can see an entry in dmesg stating a BT mini receiver was detected.
> What changed in 10.04 that causes this problem?
This will not provide the answer for you but just in case......

I suddenly lost use of the mouse (Logitech cordless) or it would behave
in the most outrageous manner: the cursor would jump all over the screen
or it would sit there like a stunned mullet and then suddenly respond,
but most of the time it just didn't work.

Reason: I didn't notice that the receiver unit got itself pushed under
and behind the LCD monitor. Pulling it out again in front of the monitor
solved the problem (for me).

BC

--
The best defence against logic is ignorance.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Knapp

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin@iinet.net.au> wrote:
> On 12/05/10 15:44, Dave Henley wrote:
>> I recently upgraded to 10.04 and ever since my bluetooth logitech
>> mouse and keyboard work for about 10 seconds or not at all before
>> freezing/not responding anymore.
>> I already tested if the receiver was still functioning properly by
>> connecting it to a windows xp system and it did. Batteries are full
>> and the usb port for the receiver is working properly.
>>
>> I can see an entry in dmesg stating a BT mini receiver was detected.
>> What changed in 10.04 that causes this problem?
> This will not provide the answer for you but just in case......
>
> I suddenly lost use of the mouse (Logitech cordless) or it would behave
> in the most outrageous manner: the cursor would jump all over the screen
> or it would sit there like a stunned mullet and then suddenly respond,
> but most of the time it just didn't work.
>
> Reason: I didn't notice that the receiver unit got itself pushed under
> and behind the LCD monitor. Pulling it out again in front of the monitor
> solved the problem (for me).
>
> BC
>
> --
> The best defence against logic is ignorance.

LOL, I just upgraded to 10.04 and my mouse wheel stopped working! Man,
I was pissed. I googled all over and found nothing but one silly
person saying to take apart the mouse and remove all the dust. I gave
up. Just as a sort of silly after thought I opened up the battery
compartment and blew in there as hard as I could. Out of the corner of
my eye I saw something shotting out of the mouse wheel. The mouse has
been fine ever since.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Massagen Arbeit in Gelsenkirchen Buer
http://bespin.org/~douglas/tcm/ztab1.htm

Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Basil Chupin

On 12/05/10 18:48, Knapp wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Basil Chupin<blchupin@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
>> On 12/05/10 15:44, Dave Henley wrote:
>>
>>> I recently upgraded to 10.04 and ever since my bluetooth logitech
>>> mouse and keyboard work for about 10 seconds or not at all before
>>> freezing/not responding anymore.
>>> I already tested if the receiver was still functioning properly by
>>> connecting it to a windows xp system and it did. Batteries are full
>>> and the usb port for the receiver is working properly.
>>>
>>> I can see an entry in dmesg stating a BT mini receiver was detected.
>>> What changed in 10.04 that causes this problem?
>>>
>> This will not provide the answer for you but just in case......
>>
>> I suddenly lost use of the mouse (Logitech cordless) or it would behave
>> in the most outrageous manner: the cursor would jump all over the screen
>> or it would sit there like a stunned mullet and then suddenly respond,
>> but most of the time it just didn't work.
>>
>> Reason: I didn't notice that the receiver unit got itself pushed under
>> and behind the LCD monitor. Pulling it out again in front of the monitor
>> solved the problem (for me).
>>
>> BC
>>
>> --
>> The best defence against logic is ignorance.
>>
> LOL, I just upgraded to 10.04 and my mouse wheel stopped working! Man,
> I was pissed. I googled all over and found nothing but one silly
> person saying to take apart the mouse and remove all the dust. I gave
> up. Just as a sort of silly after thought I opened up the battery
> compartment and blew in there as hard as I could. Out of the corner of
> my eye I saw something shotting out of the mouse wheel. The mouse has
> been fine ever since.

:-) It's the simple things..........

But let's be grateful that Karl hasn't read Dave's message about his
problem with the mouse 8-) .

BC

--
The best defence against logic is ignorance.