Old 05-11-2010, 05:11 PM
arshad

Default aspx in ubuntu

I have a website project created in Microsoft Visual Studio a in Windows
machine.
and when I open that project in my home Ubuntu machine, only the .html
pages are opening correctly.
and the .aspx pages started to open after i edited the .mime.types file
in my ~/ directory.

But all the fields in the .aspx pages are not visible. I mean I can't
see the input fields (like text boxes, drop down menus, radio buttons
etc..) in the
.aspx page. Only the labels are visible.

I tried both in firefox and opera.
No success in both.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Liam Proven

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 6:11 PM, arshad <arshad3m@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a website project created in Microsoft Visual Studio a in Windows
> machine.
> and when I open that project in my home Ubuntu machine, only the .html
> pages are opening correctly.
> and the .aspx pages started to open after i edited the .mime.types file
> in my ~/ directory.
>
> But all the fields in the .aspx pages are not visible. I mean I can't
> see the input fields (like text boxes, drop down menus, radio buttons
> etc..) in the
> .aspx page. Only the labels are visible.
>
> I tried both in firefox and opera.
> No success in both.

ASP means Active Server Pages, a server-side scripting technology that
executes on software which is part of MS Internet Information Server.
It's part of MICROS~1's "embrace & extend" strategy to damage & weaken
the cross-platform nature of the WWW.

ASP is *only* intended to work on IIS. And no, you can't run IIS on Linux.

There are various options out there for getting some ASP support on
Unix and FOSS OSs. Apache has a module for it but you'll have to
rewrite the server-side scripts in Perl. There are also some
Java-based options.

Basically, it's not completely impossible, but it's not trivial. If
you have to ask, you're probably not up to doing it. Certainly I'd
have no clue where to start myself!

MSN: lproven@hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508

Old 05-11-2010, 05:23 PM
NoOp

On 05/11/2010 10:11 AM, arshad wrote:
> I have a website project created in Microsoft Visual Studio a in Windows
> machine.
[...]
Don't know, but I recommend that you start a new thread rather than
hijacking this one which is "ok, got me a new kernel and some modules
... now what?".

Thanks.

<AANLkTikFw5hSs9LPpsoLAQWkTYPZJkE3KED7ad_VqO2J@mai l.gmail.com>
<20100511094617.qp2rzklzkcgk0ogc@crashcourse.ca>
<201005111611.38334.kassube@gmx.net>
<alpine.DEB.2.00.1005111027380.1672@lynx>
<hsbrm3$egl$1@dough.gmane.org> <hsbul5$q6d$1@dough.gmane.org>
<alpine.DEB.2.00.1005111207090.2261@lynx>

Old 05-11-2010, 06:16 PM
arshad

On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 10:23 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> On 05/11/2010 10:11 AM, arshad wrote:
> > I have a website project created in Microsoft Visual Studio a in Windows
> > machine.
> [...]
> Don't know, but I recommend that you start a new thread rather than
> hijacking this one which is "ok, got me a new kernel and some modules
> ... now what?".
>
> Thanks.

> <AANLkTikFw5hSs9LPpsoLAQWkTYPZJkE3KED7ad_VqO2J@mai l.gmail.com>
> <20100511094617.qp2rzklzkcgk0ogc@crashcourse.ca>
> <201005111611.38334.kassube@gmx.net>
> <alpine.DEB.2.00.1005111027380.1672@lynx>
> <hsbrm3$egl$1@dough.gmane.org> <hsbul5$q6d$1@dough.gmane.org>
> <alpine.DEB.2.00.1005111207090.2261@lynx>

yes sorry for that.
i opened 2 new threads but i got notification that the message has been
held untill confirmation from the mod due to suspicion of spam.

so i clicked reply for another message and deleted everything from it -
body and subject- thinking this would be sent as a new mail.

sorry for the inconvinience.