Old 05-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Larry Shields

Default RESOLVED!!! Printer not working on Lucid 10.4

On 05/11/2010 09:39 AM, Larry Shields wrote:

On 05/10/2010 08:39 AM, Joep L. Blom wrote:

Larry Shields wrote:

On 05/10/2010 07:37 AM, Nils Kassube wrote:

Larry Shields wrote:

I am still having a problem in getting my Deskjet 5550 printer setup
to work with a parallel cable...

Just an idea: Do you still have the CUPS config files in /etc/cups/ from
a previous Ubuntu version? I used the backup of that directory to make
my printer work again which is connected to a USB->parallel converter.
Another option is the cups configuration at <http://localhost:631/>. Use
your own login and password when you are asked for credentials.

Nils

*Hi Nils,

Yes I do have the cupsd.conf file, yet when I trying using the
<http://localhost:631/> I get Unable to connect...Though I do not have
the previous version, since I made a clean install for 10.4...

Yes I have used the cups configuration before, but it seems to be not
working for me at this time, why I do not know...

I might just use synaptic and remove all of cups & hplip stuff, and then
reinstall cups and see what happens...

Thanks for the reply...

Larry
*