Old 05-11-2010, 07:15 AM
user1

Default How to setup kde 4.2.x a proper quick guide urgently needed

I have been using kde 3.5 for a long time, and now I have installed 10.04
and kde 4.2.2.

KDE is very complex with a lot of strange expressions and namings.

I can use it in a basic way, but I cannot find my way of how to set up a
lot of things.

For example I wanted to get a white desktop background with black text,
but I had to give up.

I wanted to move my desktop icons in the panel to the right?

Anybody know of proper documentation for the System Settings Widget style
themes packages? *smile*

Old 05-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Goh Lip

On Tue, 11 May 2010 07:15:50 +0000 (UTC)
user1 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:

> I have been using kde 3.5 for a long time, and now I have installed
> 10.04 and kde 4.2.2.

4.2.2 ?

> KDE is very complex with a lot of strange expressions and namings.
>
> I can use it in a basic way, but I cannot find my way of how to set
> up a lot of things.
>
> For example I wanted to get a white desktop background with black
> text, but I had to give up.
>
> I wanted to move my desktop icons in the panel to the right?
>
> Anybody know of proper documentation for the System Settings Widget
> style themes packages? *smile*

Goodbye.

--
If you understand, things are the way they are.
If you do not understand, things are the way they are.