Old 05-11-2010, 12:34 AM
Jay Ridgley

Default Network Connection problems after Upgrade to 10.04 LTS from 08.04 LTS

Folks,

I am having severe problems connecting after doing an upgrade on my laptop...

I am no longer able to connect to any system on or from my home lan (It was
working before the upgrade)!!

History:

I shut down my laptop and packed it up for a trip to my son's for the weekend.
While there we(he and I) were trying to connect to his network with my wireless
card (it had never worked there - worked fine here) so he suggested that I
upgrade to 10.04. After that we still could not get wireless to work so I
continued to use the wired connection we had set up. That worked fine there.

Today I brought it home and tried to connect to my network and can not get a
connection using either wired or wireless hardware.

The /etc/hosts and /etc/interfaces files are correct; as far as I can tell.
I have also set up both a wired and a wireless entry using the network tools dialog.

Where do I begin to look for the problem???

NOTE: Until this is fixed and I know what caused the problems, I will be using
08.04 on all my production systems and may return the laptop to it as well!

Thanks,
Jay
--

Jay Ridgley