Old 05-11-2010, 12:22 AM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

Default SOLVED: No longer a slide show for backgrounds in 10.04?

On Mon, 10 May 2010 11:32:02 -0500
"Cybe R. Wizard" <cyber_wizard@mindspring.com> wrote:

> In one of my Lucid VirtualBox installations (but not the other and
> both are updated together) there is a, "Cosmos," background available
> in System>Preferences>Apperance>Backgrounds which is a slideshow
> background. It points to /usr/share/backgrounds/cosmos for its lovely
> pictures and they replace one another as backgrounds on the desktop.
>
> I did try just copying this directory over to my current actual
> installation but it didn't work. No surprise there.
>
> It doesn't appear in my actual installation nor in the second Virtual
> installation. Does anyone have ideas about what it is/where it
> went/how to get it back?
>
> Cybe

A little investigation showed that it is part and parcel of
gnome-screensaver which I had removed in favor of xscreensaver.
Reinstalling gnome-screensaver has gotten me the nice background
slideshow once again.

Now for some changes to it to allow my own images!

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs