Old 05-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Chris G

Default Copying Evolution settings and data from one user to another - how?

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:58:51AM -0700, Li Li wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Chris G <[1]cl@isbd.net> wrote:
>
> I want to copy Evolution contacts, calendars, tasks and memos from one
> user to another and can find no remotely sensible way of doing it.
>
> I tried copying the whole .evolution hierarchy but that seemed to do
> nothing at all - I suspect possibly because of Evolution background
> processes hanging on to things.
>
> Copying addressbook.db apparently doesn't work according to what I can
> surmise from a bit of googling.
>
> Is there really no way to do this?
>
> Start here:
>
> [2]http://live.gnome.org/Evolution/FAQ#How_can_I_transfer_all_my_Evolution_data_from_ an_old_home_directory_to_a_new_home_directory.3F

But that's *not* what I want to do. One can do it more simply anyway
by simply backing up Evolution in one place and restoring in the other.

What I want to do is exactly what I said, copy contacts, calendars,
tasks and memos and *not* E-Mails. Copying any one of contacts,
calendars, tasks and memos would be useful in fact.

> There is a listserv devoted to evolution here where very knowledgable
> people (even the developers) hang out.
> [3]evolution-list@gnome.org

Yes, I was a member of that list for a while, I might re-join and ask
the question there.

--
Chris Green