Old 05-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Li Li

Default Copying Evolution settings and data from one user to another - how?

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Chris G <cl@isbd.net> wrote:

I want to copy Evolution contacts, calendars, tasks and memos from one

user to another and can find no remotely sensible way of doing it.

I tried copying the whole .evolution hierarchy but that seemed to do

nothing at all - I suspect possibly because of Evolution background

processes hanging on to things.

Copying addressbook.db apparently doesn't work according to what I can

surmise from a bit of googling.

Is there really no way to do this?

Start here:

http://live.gnome.org/Evolution/FAQ#How_can_I_transfer_all_my_Evolution_data_from_ an_old_home_directory_to_a_new_home_directory.3F

There is a listserv devoted to evolution here where very knowledgable people (even the developers) hang out.
evolution-list@gnome.org

--
Lilly
godbless --everyone --no-exceptions