Old 05-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Thomas K Gamble

Default LVM not recognized after installing 10.04

I upgraded my system to 10.04 via clean install. I ignored my LVM partitions
during install figuring I could edit the fstab file after install to remount
them. No such luck. Mount says /dev/vg00/lv0x doesn't exist. System-config-
lvm sees the volume groups and logical volumes but doesn't find a filesystem on
the logical volumes. They are ext4.

Is there anyway to recover these short of recreating everything from scratch
and restoring from backup?

--
Thomas K. Gamble
Research Technologist, System/Network Administrator

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger

Old 05-11-2010, 02:21 AM
Tom H

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Thomas K Gamble <tkg@lanl.gov> wrote:
> I upgraded my system to 10.04 via clean install. *I ignored my LVM partitions
> during install figuring I could edit the fstab file after install to remount
> them. *No such luck. *Mount says /dev/vg00/lv0x doesn't exist. *System-config-
> lvm sees the volume groups and logical volumes but doesn't find a filesystem on
> the logical volumes. *They are ext4.
>
> Is there anyway to recover these short of recreating everything from scratch
> and restoring from backup?

I am not familiar with system-config-lvm but is it supposed to display
information about the filesystems? None of the cli tools (lvdisplay,
lvscan, lvs - or the equivalent vg and pv commands for that matter)
show filesystem information - ext2/3/4, jfs, xfs, etc

/dev/vg00/lv0x
is a symlink to
/dev/mapper/vg00-lv0x

What is the output of