Old 05-10-2010, 01:42 PM
"Kevin Ireson"

Default Hardware diagnostic tools for ubuntu servers

Hello,
*
I have a server that is running Ubuntu. Recently I have
had some problems with the server going down. This has happen 3 times now in the
last 3 weeks.
*
When I tried to restart apache. It failed. We have investigated through apache logs and found a few warnings,
but nothing to indicate what*the problem is.
*
Each time we have had to press the on off button to get it
to restart.
*
My intuition is telling me this may be a hardware problem.
So I am looking for ways to investigate.*Are there any hardware diagnostic
tools available in Ubuntu that will allow me to do this.
*
thanks
*
Kevin